400kcal or Less Meal Recipes
Chicken, Squash and Couscous One-Pot
- 1 hour
- 2 tbsp. harissa paste
- 1 tsp. each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 2 red onions, halved and cut into wedges
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts but into small chunks
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into 1cm chunks 2 x 400g cans tomatoes
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 140g couscous
- Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat a large non-stick casserole fish or pan on the hob. Add the harrissa, spice and onions, then stir and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft. Add the chicken and brown for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the squash, stirring to combine and a splash of water if it starts to stick. Cook for 5 minutes or more.
- Top the canned tomatoes into the pan with a can of water, then cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice, cherry tomatoes, couscous and some seasoning. Cover and turn off the heat. Leave on the hob for 10 minutes, then stir through the coriander and serve.