400kcal or Less Meal Recipes
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 2 hours
- 240g lean braising steak cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 peppers, any colour deseeded and chopped 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g easy cook long grain white rice
- Brown the beef in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers, carrots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often to stop it from sticking, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add the curry powder and s/r well to mix, then add the tomatoes, mango chutney, 300ml water and the tomato puree. Cover and simmer gently for about 1 1⁄2-2 hours, or until the meat is tender, adding more water if necessary.
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Serve with the curry. Tip 1: For a vegetarian version, use soya chunks instead of beef.