Baked Chicken Ratatouille
- Preparation Time
- 20 mins
- Cooking Time
- 4 tablespoon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 6 shallots, peels and roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 2 Medium Aubergines, trimmed and chopped
- 4 Courgettes, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 glass (3.5 fl oz) of white wine
- 1 Red Pepper – seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 Green Pepper – seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp, Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 Chicken Breasts
Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C
Add 3 table spoons of olive oil to a frying pan and cook the chicken, one side for 4 minutes, then turn over and cook the other side for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Place the chicken on a plate.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the garlic, aubergine, shallots and a few thyme and rosemary sprigs. Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions and aubergines are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the courgettes, peppers to the pan, and white wine, and simmer until it has reduced.
- Add the tomatos and balsamic vinegar to the pan, and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
Pour the vegetables into a roasting tin. Place the chicken breasts on top and scatter over some more thyme and rosemary sprigs. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the chicken is firm and cooked through.
If you are pushed for time, the ratatouille can be prepared in advance and re-heated before adding to the roasting tin.