400kcal or Less Meal Recipes
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 30 minutes
- 1kg potato chopped into chunks
- 350g extra lean minced beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 courgette finely chopped
- 100g green beans chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 50g sweetcorn
- 4 tsp reduced salt gravy granules
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan, add the minced beef - a handful at a time - cooking until browned.
- Sti.r in the onion, carrot, courgette, green beans and mixed herbs. Add 450 ml water and bring to the boil. Simmer without a lid for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill and warm a large baking dish under it for 1-2 minutes. Drain and mash the potatoes, seasoning them with some pepper.
- Add the sweetcorn to the mince mixture, then sprinkle in the gravy granules, stirring until thickened. Season if needed, then tip into the baking dish. Spoon the mash on top, spreading it out to cover the mince, then grill until browned. Serve at once.