400kcal or Less Meal Recipes
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 50 minutes
- 700g potatoes peeled and diced
- 425ml 1% fat milk
- 25g low-fat spread
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 300g coley or cod fillet thawed if frozen, skinned and cut into chunks
- 25g reduced fat mature Cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes un/l tender, then drain them and mash with 2 tbsp of the milk.
- Put the remaining milk, low-fat spread and flour into a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, stirring continuously with a small whisk or wooden spoon un/l the sauce bubbles and thickens. Stir in the parsley (if using) add the peas and season with pepper.
- Place the chunks of fish in an ovenproof dish, pour the sauce over, then top with mashed potato. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the surface.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve with steamed or boiled broccoli.