Leak and Potato Soup
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 25 minutes
- 2 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 15g low fat sunflower or olive oil spread
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 bouquet garni sachet
- Salt and pepper
- 300ml skimmed milk
- Chives, chopped
Cook the leeks in the low-fat spread in a saucepan for 3 minutes until softened, but not browned. Add the potato and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, the bouquet garni sachet and a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, part cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni sachet. Blend in a blender or food processor and return to a clean saucepan.
- Stir in the milk and serve in bowls with the chopped chives sprinkled on top.