400kcal or Less Meal Recipes
Meatballs and Sauce
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 35 minutes
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 200g lean lamb mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200g closed cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 peppers, any colour chopped
- 200g of brown rice
- Mix some of the chopped onion and garlic with the mince. Shape the mince into small balls about half the size of a golf ball.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs on all sides. Remove and put onto a plate.
- Add the remaining onion to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the remaining garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, mushrooms and peppers to the pan with 150ml water. Bring to the boil, then add the meatballs. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before serving, put the rice on to cook in plenty of boiling water. Serve with the meatballs and tomato sauce. For an extra tangy taste squeeze lemon juice on the rice before serving.