400kcal or Less Meal Recipes
Chargrilled Chicken with Quinoa Tabouleh and Tahini Dressing
- 35 minutes
- 200g Quinoa
- ½ cucumber, cut into 1cm chunks
- 175g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- A handful of parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus 1 tsp. to griddle the chicken
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Tahini Dressing
- 1 ½ tbsp. of tahini
- 1 ½ tbsp. low-fat natural yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp. clear honey
- Add the quinoa into the pan and pour over 600ml of water. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer until the water has evaporated for approximately 20 minutes (just as you would cook rice). Take off the lid, set aside and leave to cool.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions and herbs into a large mixing bowl. Pour over the olive oil and lemon juice, season well and mix everything together. Set aside.
- Heat the griddle pan and when hot, rub the chicken with the extra olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, stir together all the dressing ingredients along with 3 tablespoons of water. Toss the quinoa together with the salad and arrange in bowls on plates. Cut the chicken into thick slices, pile up on the quinoa and drizzle over the dressing.