400kcal or Less Meal Recipes
Turkey Stir Fry
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 10 minutes
- 125g medium or fine dried egg noodles
- 1 small orange just the juice
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g skinless turkey breast cut into strips
- 5 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 peppers, any colour deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot cut into thin strips
- 2 celery sticks thinly sliced
- 1 handful mushrooms (cup or button) sliced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Put the noodles into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 6 minutes, or follow the instructions on the packet.
- Next, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce and cornflour until smooth. Set to one side.
- Heat the oil in a wok or very large frying pan. Add the turkey and stir-fry briskly for 3-4 minutes. Add the spring onions, pepper, carrot, celery and mushrooms. Stir-fry over a high heat for another 3-4 minutes, until the turkey is cooked. The vegetables should remain crisp and crunchy.
- Give the orange juice mixture a good stir, then add it to the stir fry and cook for a few moments until thickened. Drain the noodles well, then add them to the turkey mixture. Serve at once.